Usability of websites is something that is often overlooked in lieu of stylized design. This is typically a mistake of new web designers and others who give little regard to their visitors. The topics discussed here are many of the areas where a few changes can vastly improve the usability of a website. When appropriate, links are included to How To's on implimenting the suggestions made here.
- Website Usability Defined
- Website usability, a discussion on what it is, why it is important and why every webmaster needs to consider usability before writing the first line of code.
- Picture Resizing with HTML
- Learn why using HTML to resize picture impact your site's usability and can cause your page to take a long time to load.
- 5 Reasons Not to Use PDFs on Websites
- Using a PDF to display content can be a sure way to encourage website visitors to leave your website.
- Usability and Link Text Appearance
- A discussion on using link text changes to indicate a visited link and increase your site's usability.
- Learn why you need a sitemap.
- Sitemaps can help with search engine optimization, but they also make it easier for visitors to navigate your website.